Monday, July 17, 2006

More true cost econ - the TRUEVA measure

I just stumbled across an old, neglected email, that included this article that I think is worth sharing:

http://www.greenbiz.com/news/columns_third.cfm?NewsID=30802&pic=3

Highly recommended for my econ / wall st. buddies, I'm always interested as to when the street and analysts are really going to start picking up on this stuff. It's happening more and more, evidenced by companies like Innovest and Trucost Plc and initiatives like the Carbon Disclousure Project. As for the true cost article, it's good to see continued efforts to internalize harmful externalities like emissions pollution, but I remain a bit wary as it perpetuates the attitude that "what's measured matters" ... whereas I believe that "not everything that counts can be counted." Stay going.

No comments: